Hiawatha PTO Meeting Minutes April 14, 2016
Welcome and Introductions
- The meeting was called to order at 6:33 pm, and adjourned at 8:20 pm. There were 11 people in attendance.
- Maria Peck suggested we go around the room and introduce ourselves to each other.
- Mr. Christenson announced that there will be a tech roll out, which consists of new computers, 6-8 devices per class. Ipads, etc. He may ask PTO for funds to purchases cases for the ipads in the future.
- Reminded that every Friday will be early out at 2:15 starting next fall. There will be a summer school program at Hiawatha this summer.
- Spoke about no Spanish being taught next year.
- Barb Crock mentioned that the gym will need to be reserved from now on, and let Robin Shaver in the office know.
- Gina went over the financials, the ending balance is $14,240.53.
- The Spring Carnival brought in $1,773.26. A bit of a jump from last year.
Teacher Classroom Funds Request
- Mrs. Rundell requested $136.80 for a field trip to Dairy Queen for Dilly Bars. This was approved.
- Mrs. Rundell also requested fund to take all three second grade classrooms to Cedar Falls, IA to watch Eric Carle classics performed by UNI students, many of which support our plant/animal unit in science the amount was $297.22 possibly more with a 2nd bus added. This was approved.
- Mrs. Heubner requested $271.84 for ag in the park field trip. This was approved.
- The new board members of PTO 2016/2017 is as follows:
President: Maria Peck
Vice President: Teresa Wilkes & Tonya Trudo
Treasuer: Gina Strife & Anna Leno
Secretary: Lisa Klostermann