15th Annual Cougar ChaseThursday, September 13
Thank you so much for your support!
We raised over $12,000 for our students and teachers!
Thank you to everyone who participated, donated, shared, or supported the 2018 Cougar Chase!
We raised over $12,000 for the students and the school!!!
The Cougar Chase is Hiawatha PTO’s only major fundraiser.
The Cougar Chase Fun Run/Walk raises money to fund field trips, assemblies, technology and classroom supplies that are not covered by public funds. Our goal is to raise $17,000 for Hiawatha Elementary while promoting a healthy lifestyle (and without product sales).
15th Annual Cougar Chase
Thursday, September 13, 2018 (Rain date: Thursday, September 20th)
1:00-1:40 pm Kindergarten & 1st Grade
2:00-2:40 pm Grades 1/2, 2, & 3
2:45-3:30 pm Grades 4 & 5
Hiawatha Elementary School Fitness Trail (behind the school). We will have a short rally and then students will run/walk on the trail with their classmates for approximately 20-25 minutes. There will be music, water stations just like a real race, and a special treat to cool off when done. Families are encouraged to cheer the kids on or volunteer!
*NEW* Online Donations
This year’s Cougar Chase has an updated incentive plan and ONLINE DONATIONS through The Get Movin’ Crew. Check out the cool new student pages where your student can track their personal and classroom donations! Have you registered your student online???
- Encourage your student to ask 5-10 friends, neighbors, and relatives to sponsor them by donating $10-$15 (or any amount). Our goal is for each student to collect at least $50! Consider asking your co-workers to donate, or ask your employer to be a corporate sponsor
- Help your student explain how donations are used at school and that the Cougar Chase is our school’s only major fundraiser.
- Pledges are a single donation for the student’s participation in the Cougar Chase (not pledge per lap).
Submit Your Donations
- Donate online at your student’s fundraising webpage, or make checks payable to: Hiawatha PTO Tax ID#20-0195017
- Turn in money daily for classroom goal tracking!!! Use an envelope with a donation form, available in the office or here, or label your envelope with ‘Cougar Chase’ & your Student’s NAME, grade, and teacher.
- Final donations are due Thurs, Sept 13 to determine incentives. Online donations close 9/24.
Support our students! Click “Sign Up” below.
Hand out water
Hand out popsicles
Cheer on the runners!
The Cougar Chase is Hiawatha PTO’s biggest annual fundraiser – and our 2018 event this fall will be bigger and better than ever!
We are seeking sponsorship opportunities and need your help. If you own a business or work for an employer who would be interested in helping our non-profit while promoting their business at the same time, please have them complete this form. Hiawatha PTO is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization and donations are tax deductible.
What is the money used for?
- Educational Materials (BrainPop, Reflex Math)
- Technology (projector, screen, sound system)
- Field Trips
- PhysEd and Music (heart rate monitors)
- Family Events (Movie Nights, Spring Carnival, Pastries with Parents etc.).
Cougar Chase Student Script
Hi! My name is ___________. I go to school at Hiawatha Elementary.
We have a big event called the Cougar Chase where we run around the school to have fun, get some exercise, and raise money for our school. It’s our biggest fundraiser of the year!
This year, we have a big goal of $17,000! We use the money for things like field trips, iPads, music programs, special assemblies, and extras for the teachers.
Would you like to help out our school by making a donation? If we reach our goal, we get to turn our principal into a human ice cream sundae!! It will be awesome!!
You can donate cash, or you can write a check to the Hiawatha PTO.
Thanks for helping us out. Goodbye!
(Put the money in your envelope. Be sure to turn it in at school tomorrow!)