2019 Hiawatha Cougar ChaseFriday, September 20, 2019
Grades K-2: 12-1 pm
Grades 3-5: 1-2 pm
This year’s Cougar Chase will be filled with optional WATER elements. Please consider sending an extra set of clothes!
1. Add Your Student
- Add your student’s name
- YOUR email/s (needed to personalize & add a photo)
- Select your student’s teacher from the drop-down menu
2. Add a Photo/Personalize
- Check your email for a link to personalize your student’s fundraising page.
- Add a picture for best results!
Cougar Chase Details
Friday, September 20, 2019 (Rain date: Friday, Sept 27)
Prepare to Get WET!
Consider sending an extra set of clothes with your student.
12 – 1 pm Grades K-2
1 – 2 pm Grades 3-5
Hiawatha Elementary School Fitness Trail (behind the school). We will have a short rally and then students will run/walk on the trail with their classmates for approximately 20-25 minutes. There will be music, water stations just like a real race, and a special treat to cool off when done. Families are encouraged to cheer the kids on or volunteer!
Be sure to register your student for their own fundraising page where you can track personal and classroom goals!
- Encourage your student to ask 5-10 friends, neighbors, and relatives to sponsor them by donating $10-$15 (or any amount). Our goal is for each student to collect at least $50! Consider asking your co-workers to donate, or ask your employer to be a corporate sponsor.
- Help your student explain how donations are used at school and that the Cougar Chase is our school’s only major fundraiser.
- Pledges are a single donation for the student’s participation in the Cougar Chase (not pledge per lap).
Submit Your Donations
- Donate online at your student’s fundraising webpage, or make checks payable to: Hiawatha PTO (Tax ID#20-0195017)
- Turn in money daily for classroom goal tracking!!! Use an envelope with a donation form, available in the office or here, or label your envelope with ‘Cougar Chase’ & your Student’s NAME, grade, and teacher.
- Final donations are due Thursday, Sept 19 to determine incentives. Online donations close 9/30.
Cougar Chase Student Script
Hi! My name is ___________. I go to school at Hiawatha Elementary.
We have a big event called the Cougar Chase where we run around the school to have fun, get some exercise, and raise money for our school. It’s our biggest fundraiser of the year!
This year, we have a big goal of $15,000! We use the money for things like field trips, iPads, music programs, special assemblies, and extras for the teachers.
Would you like to help out our school by making a donation? If we reach our goal, our Principal is going to color his hair Cougar Red!!
You can donate cash, or you can write a check to the Hiawatha PTO. Or, scan the QR code to use a credit card online.
Thanks for helping us out. Goodbye!
(Put the money in your envelope. Be sure to turn it in at school tomorrow!)
The Cougar Chase is Hiawatha PTO’s biggest annual fundraiser – and our 2018 event this fall will be bigger and better than ever!
We are seeking sponsorship opportunities and need your help. If you own a business or work for an employer who would be interested in helping our non-profit while promoting their business at the same time, please have them complete this form. Hiawatha PTO is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization and donations are tax deductible.
What is the money used for?
- Educational Materials (BrainPop, Reflex Math)
- Technology (projector, screen, sound system)
- Field Trips
- PhysEd and Music (heart rate monitors)
- Family Events (Movie Nights, Spring Carnival, Pastries with Parents etc.).
Thank You to our Sponsors!!
The Cougar Chase Fun Run/Walk raises money to fund field trips, assemblies, technology and classroom supplies that are not covered by public funds. Our goal is to raise $15,000 for Hiawatha Elementary while promoting a healthy lifestyle (and without product sales).