The Cougar Chase is Hiawatha PTO's only major fundraiser.
This run/walk is a fun and healthy way to raise money to support the staff and students of Hiawatha Elementary while promoting health and fitness.
Support your Hiawatha student and the Cougar Chase Fundraiser
Students collect all donations prior to the race. 100% of donations go to the school! You may donate online or in person. Donation envelopes are due Monday, September 11, 2017.
Encourage your children to ask neighbors, friends, and family to sponsor them in the Cougar Chase, for any amount they wish. Assist them with explaining how the money is used in the school, and that this is our school’s primary fundraiser. Note that the pledges are a single donation for the student’s participation in the Cougar Chase run/walk (and are not a pledge on a per lap basis). The money will need to be collected at the time they make the donation.
- Please make checks payable to: Hiawatha PTO
- Envelopes due: Monday, September 11th
- Donate Online: use the donate button at the top of the page!
Cougar Chase 2017
Hiawatha School Fitness Trail behind the school
1:00 – 1:40 pm 2nd & 3rd Grade
1:45 – 2:30 pm 4th & 5th Grade
2:40 – 3:20 pm Kindergarten & 1st Grade
Incentives for the students:
- School Goal: When we reach the $10,000 school goal, students will earn a movie and popcorn.
- Grade level classroom competition: For each grade, the donations will be tallied by classroom. The winning class receives a pizza party!
- Grade level individual competition: The student in each grade level that raises the most money gets to read the morning announcements and go to Lunch with a Friend and the Principal.
- Door prizes will be drawn for all students and announced the day of the run/walk.
What is the money used for?
100% of the funds go to Hiawatha Elementary to pay for things such as: educational materials (Brain Pop), technology (projector, screen, sound system), field trips, assemblies, PhysEd equipment (heart rate monitors), and events for families (Movie Nights, Spring Carnival, etc.).