We LOVE our Teachers and Staff at Hiawatha Elementary!
These are some examples of how PTO uses its resources to help Hiawatha Elementary School.
Hiawatha Staff members are given the money raised from the Cougar Chase, Scrip, Box Tops, etc. Each grade-level team meets to decide how they will spend their money
PTO money has been used for:
- Field trips
- Curriculum-based activities
- Special Assemblies by Old Creamery Theatre, Tom Pease, and others
- Equipment such as seat back pockets and even sound systems!
It is awesome that we are able to provide funding for additional items like this that enhance the learning environment and provide a direct benefit to all children. THANK YOU to everyone that supports the various fundraisers!
Teachers, click to download the Classroom Enrichment Teacher Reimbursement Form.
There are several times during the year where the PTO shows their appreciation for the Hiawatha staff:
- November parent-teacher conferences – families donate food items to provide a potluck on the two evenings of conferences
- February parent-teacher conferences – families donate food items to provide a potluck on the two evenings of conferences
- May Teacher Appreciation week – small tokens of appreciation are given to the staff throughout the week as well as a meal or treats in the lounge
The Hiawatha Staff appreciates the generosity of all the donations that are given for these events.
Volunteer your time & talent to help our teachers!
The memory book is a compilation of pictures of the fifth graders doing various work, activities, and projects throughout the school year, with a few from their earlier years at Hiawatha. Class photos are included as well. A volunteer committee made of parents and teachers work together to create this special memory for the 5th-grade class.
All children in the 5th grade will receive a book at the end of the school year.