Cougar Chase 2017
Thursday, September 14th (Rain date: Thursday, September 21st)
Hiawatha School Fitness Trail behind the school
1:00 – 1:40 pm 2nd & 3rd Grade
1:45 – 2:30 pm 4th & 5th Grade
2:40 – 3:20 pm Kindergarten & 1st Grade
Support your Hiawatha student and the Cougar Chase Fundraiser
The Cougar Chase is Hiawatha PTO’s only major fundraiser.
This run/walk is a fun and healthy way to raise money to support the staff and students of Hiawatha Elementary while promoting health and fitness.
Students collect all donations prior to the race. 100% of donations go to the school! You may donate online or in person. Donation envelopes are due Monday, September 11, 2017.
OUR GOAL IS TO RAISE $10,000! WE CAN DO IT!!
How it Works:
On the afternoon of the Cougar Chase, the students will run/walk around the trail with their classmates for approximately 30 minutes. There will be music, water stations set up just like a real race, and a special treat to cool off when done. Families are encouraged to cheer the kids on or volunteer!
What is the money used for?
100% of the funds go to Hiawatha Elementary to pay for things such as: educational materials (Brain Pop), technology (projector, screen, sound system), field trips, assemblies, PhysEd equipment (heart rate monitors), and events for families (Movie Nights, Spring Carnival, etc.).
How you can support the fundraising:
Encourage your children to ask neighbors, friends and family to sponsor them in the Cougar Chase, for any amount they wish. Assist them with explaining how the money is used in the school, and that this is our school’s primary fundraiser. Note that the pledges are a single donation for the student’s participation in the Cougar Chase run/walk (and are not a pledge on a per lap basis). The money will need to be collected at the time they make the donation.
- Please make checks payable to: Hiawatha PTO
- Donate Online: use the donate button at the top of the page!
- Envelopes due: Monday, September 11th
Incentives for the students:
- All students will have a post race celebration. Every child that collects $50 in donations earns a movie and popcorn.
- Grade level classroom competition: For each grade, the donations will be tallied by classroom. The winning class receives a pizza party!
- The student in each grade level that raises the most money gets to read the morning announcements and go to Lunch with a Friend and the Principal.
- Door prizes will be drawn for ALL students and announced the day of the run/walk.